Hub City Races: 20 Mi, Half & 5K | Hometown Happenings
Sunday, September 10th, 2017
7 am (20 Mi) 8 am (Half/5K) 6:30 am sign in
Lake Co. Fairgrounds, 889 S. Court Street, Crown Point, IN
Directions: From Downtown Square, South on Court St. to Park
- Hub City Races Finishers Medal for all participants including 5K runners!
- Wicking.tech shirts to all participants registered by September 1st.
- Chip start timed race (you will cross mats at start & finish).
- USATF certified Half marathon distance pending. The 5K and 20 miler will not be certified.
- Awards for Half/5K for Top Overall, Top Master (40+), Clydesdale (Male 210+ lbs), Athena (Female 170+ lbs) & Top 3 Finishers in each age group
- Water stops with both water and Accelerade Protein Powered Sports Drink
- Accel Gel All Natrual Rapid Energy Gel station on course.
- Post race snacks provided by Carriage Court Pizza
- DJ Music at the start & along the course and LIVE musical performances
The Course: An out and back, chip start timed (you will cross mats at start & finish) 20 miler, half marathon (13.1 miles) & 5K course on the streets of scenic Crown Point, IN. Starts and finishes in Lake Co. Fairgrounds. There is a suggested 4 hour time for 20 miler & 3 hour time limit to complete the half marathon course. The course will be a rolling street closure. If you should fall behind this pace, the roads will be reopened to normal traffic and you will be a pedestrian and subject to normal traffic rules.
2017 Hub City Half:
$50 thru June 30th
July 1st – Aug. 31st: $60
Sept. 1st – Event Day: $60 (no shirt)
2017 Hub City 5K:
$35 thru Aug. 31st
Sept. 1st – Event Day: $35 (no shirt)
Are you a Calumet Strider Gold Cup Member? Use code “GoldCup” for the Half & “GoldCup2” for the 5K at checkout.
Train for your best Half or 5K with MWM Fitness.
Packet Pickup & Registration at Cafe Fresco, 1 N. Court, Crown Point:
Friday, Sept. 8th, 4:30 – 6:30 PM.
Saturday, Sept. 9th, 4:30 – 6:30 PM.
Lake Co. Fairgrounds Race Day, 6:30 am – 7:30 am
If you have any questions, email us at Tim@yourhometownevents.com
RACE AWARDS: For Half & 5K
Top Overall, Top Master (40+), Clydesdale, Athena, Top Three finishers in each age group. Age divisions: 0-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Advertising & Sponsor Information
Make a difference! Your generosity helps cover the costs of t-shirts, insurance, course management, etc. Please consider adding your business to the list of sponsors for our Hub City Races: 20 Mi, Half & 5K. Stop in and visit our current sponsors and thank them for supporting our events.