Stay updated by “liking” us on facebook. Thank you!
Started in 1982, this is a non-timed event for EVERYONE, no matter your ability. The Santa Run, Walk & Ride is about spreading holiday cheer as hundreds of Santas in full Santa outfits (or Santa hats or other holiday wear) walk or run down Main Street!
TWO events in 2017!
All-New Christmas Lights Beer Run! (3 miles – Limited to 50 participants)
Tuesday, Dec. 19th, 7:00 pm, Carriage Court Pizza, 211 S. East St, Crown Point.
- Along with the $10 donation to our Christmas Wish Project, you will be given a FREE beer courtesy of Hometown Happenings. Food is not included, but you may order off the menu before the run.
- Early Packet Pickup for Saturday’s Santa Run, Walk & Ride: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- Sign-in/Registration for the Christmas Lights Beer Run: 6:30 – 7:00 pm
- Christmas Lights Beer Run begins: 7:00 pm
- Choice of 2 beers – a “Team Naughty” or a “Team Nice” after the run
- Meet Robin Rock, host of 93.9 MY FM, Chicago’s Christmas music station.
- Win jewelry worth $150 from Brad’s Designs & Jewelry.
- Find an ornament along the route & WIN a prize!
- DJ Music, Selfie Photo Booth & Prizes for “Best Group Costume” & “Best Individual Costume”
- Pizza after provided by Carriage Court Pizza. Christmas treats from Lelulo’s. Mexican Hot Chocolate from LaQuesadilla Mexican Grill
- A visit with Santa Claus & Star Wars characters!
- Vote for YOUR local Those receiving 20 or more votes will share in the proceeds. Among the charities we hope to help: Girls on the Run of Northwest Indiana, Halos & Hooves & Mommy’s Haven Maternity Home.
- Collecting food items for “God’s Groceries”.
Can’t run or walk? Sign up to ride Molly the Trolley!
After 12/21 & on Event Day: $30 for all ages!
The Course: A 5K Run and a 1 mile walk taking place on Main Street in Crown Point! Be part of the spectacle as cars honk and people wave!
8:00 am – Check-In for the event.
8:30 – am – Visit with Santa Claus.
9:00 am – 5k Walk & Run Starts. Music by DJ Donnie. Post-race snacks.
9:45 am – Costume Contest Awards
Please Note: If an event is canceled due to extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, this site will stay updated and the money collected (after expenses) will benefit the top charities.
Questions? Email us at Tim@yourhometownevents.com
Advertising & Sponsor Information
Make a difference! Your generosity helps cover the costs of t-shirts, insurance, course management, etc. Please consider adding your business to our list of sponsors. Stop in and visit our current sponsors and thank them for supporting our events.