Join us for Grant Fitch’s One-Man version of “A Christmas Carol”
Stay updated by “liking” us on facebook. Thank you!
Started in 1982, this is a non-timed event for EVERYONE, no matter your ability. The Santa Run, Walk & Ride is about spreading holiday cheer as hundreds of Santas in full Santa outfits (or Santa hats or other holiday wear) walk or run down Main Street!
NEW this year:
- Can’t run or walk? Sign up to ride Molly the Trolley!
- You can now BIKE the route as well! Fat tires, mountain bikes preferred. Experienced adult riders only. Note there may be snow or ice on the roads & the roads are not closed to traffic.
- Hosted by Robin Rock, former mid-day host of 93.9 FM.
- Find gifts or ornaments along the route & WIN a prize!
- $100 Prize for “Best Group” costumes & $25 for “Best Individual”
- Music along the route provided by DJ Donnie.
- Post race snacks provided by Carriage Court Pizza. Also Mexican Hot Chocolate from LaQuesadilla Mexican Grill
- A visit with Santa Claus & Scrooge!
- Vote for YOUR local school, church or charity. Choose one of your own or choose Girls on the Run, St. Mary’s School or the Self-Injury Support Group.
- We will be collecting food & items for “Crown Point Cares” & “God’s Groceries”. Drop off a bag of donated items at Cafe Fresco, Carriage Court Pizza, Centier Bank or First Merchants Bank & receive a gift from Hometown Happenings.
Cost thru 12/15: $20 for adults, $15 for kids. Kids 3 & under are free. Shirts extra – $12 for white, $7 for green (while supplies last). Order shirts by Dec. 8th. Limited number of long sleeve cotton shirts available on race day for an extra cost of $12.
After 12/15 & on Event Day: $30 for all ages!
The Course: A 5K Run and a 1 mile walk taking place on Main Street in Crown Point! Be part of the spectacle as cars honk and onlookers wave as Santas pass them by.
8:00 am – Check-In for the event.
8:30 – am – Visit with Santa Claus.
9:00 am – 5k Walk & Run Starts. Music by DJ Donnie. Post-race snacks.
9:45 am – Costume Contest Awards
Please Note: If an event is canceled due to extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, this site will stay updated and the money collected (after expenses) will benefit the top charities.
Questions? Email us at Tim@yourhometownevents.com
Advertising & Sponsor Information
Make a difference! Your generosity helps cover the costs of t-shirts, insurance, course management, etc. Please consider adding your business to our list of sponsors. Stop in and visit our current sponsors and thank them for supporting our events.
Carriage Court Pizza, 211 S. East St, Crown Point.
Centier Bank, 117 E. Joliet Street, Crown Point.
OrangeTheory Fitness, 835 Joliet Street, Dyer.
Salt Mine Fitness & Yoga, 121 N Main, Crown Point
Share this post: