Santa Walk & Run
Saturday, December 19th, 9:00 am
St. Mary’s School, 405 E. Joliet St., Crown Point
Started in 1982, this is a non-timed event for EVERYONE, no matter your ability. The Santa Walk & Run is about spreading holiday cheer as hundreds of Santas in full Santa outfits (or Santa hats or other holiday wear) walk or run down Main Street!
- Raise money for YOUR local school, church or charity. Organizations with 20 or more votes will receive $5 for every $15 entry & share in the proceeds.
- Live performance by Ashleigh Ashton, the 2014 Artist of the Year at the Chicago Independent Music Awards.
- Photo booth provided by Memories in Minutes.
- Music along the route provided by DJ Donnie.
- Refreshments after the event provided by Chick-fil-A & Carriage Court Pizza. Also Mexican Hot Chocolate from LaQuesadilla Mexican Grill
- Costume Contests! Individual & group prizes awarded!
- A visit with Santa Claus & Scrooge!
“Clauses for Causes” – Vote to support YOUR local school, church or charity. Organizations with 20 or more votes will share in the event proceeds! More info HERE. OR…
Race Sleighs down Main Street! To enter, simply raise $100 or more for Your favorite local charity and gather a team! Each team must have 1 “Santa” and 4 or more “reindeer” to lead their sleigh. Prizes for “Fastest Sleigh” & “Best Decorated Sleigh”
Sleighs provided to each team courtesy of S&E Woodworking & can be picked up by emailing Tim@yourhometownevents.com
After 12/17 & on Event Day: $25 for all ages! A limited number of long sleeve shirts will be available for sale at the event.
The Course: A 5K Run and a 1 mile walk taking place on Main Street in Crown Point! Be part of the spectacle as cars honk and onlookers wave as Santas pass them by.
8:00 am – Check-In for the event.
8:30 – am – Music by Ashleigh Ashton. Visit with Santa Claus.
9:00 am – 5k Walk & Run Starts. Music by DJ Donnie. Post-race snacks.
9:45 am – Costume Contest Awards
If an event is canceled due to extreme weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances, this site will stay updated and the money collected (after expenses) will benefit the top charities.
If you have any questions, email us at Tim@yourhometownevents.com
Advertise with us & Make a Difference!
Make a difference! Your generosity helps cover the costs of t-shirts, insurance, course management, etc. Please consider adding your business to our list of sponsors. Stop in and visit our current sponsors and thank them for supporting our events.
Share this post: