Effective December 26, 2014
Our Commitment to Privacy:
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Hometown Happenings website. On some pages, you can make requests and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Credit/Debit Card Information
On pages where you can purchase products, you are directed to the appropriate third-party sites, such as Google Checkout or the companies that provide these products. In these instances, the third-party site’s privacy policies apply.
The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
Credit/Debit Card Information
On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order or to complete a request for service. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order or service.
We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
You can register with our website if you would like to receive updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the registration form.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites, the keyword phrases that brought you to our site. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but again, the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Use of Google Analytics to collect non-personally identifiable information.
We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our Web pages, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Fire Fox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows Vista, Mac OS), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Verizon, Cablevision, Optimum), the name of the Web pages you visit, the time you access our Web pages, and the length of time you stay on those pages.
We collect this information in order to determine which areas of our Web site are most popular and to enhance your experience with our Web site. This information may also be shared with third parties on an aggregate and non-personally identifiable basis. However, please be assured that this information will in no way personally identify you or any other visitors of our Web site.
- Hometown Happenings, in order to provide a better understanding of our customers, our site’s conversion rates and our online marketing, uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. In addition, Hometown Happenings may utilize Google’s display advertising, remarketing, impression reporting and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration.
- Using Google Analytics’ Ads Settings, users can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
- Other opt-out opportunities are available at: Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
- Hometown Happenings may use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- Third-party vendors, including Google, may show Hometown Happenings ads on sites across the Internet.
- Hometown Happenings and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to your website.
- Hometown Happenings and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how r ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the website.
- Hometown Happenings uses data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to gain a better understanding of who uses the site, how they use it and to determine which products are of interest. The overall goal is to gain a better understanding of our marketing, our customers and to use this information to provide a better customer experience.
- Our Web site uses ClickTale or other third party web analytics service. Such service may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity as well as any text you type in this Web site. The service does not collect personally identifiable information that you do not voluntarily enter in this Web site. The service does not track your browsing habits across web sites which do not use the service. For more information on ClickTale or to disable the ClickTale service, please visit: www.clicktale.com.
Our Commitment To Data Security:
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we use the services of reputable third-parties. However, we have no control over their physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. We strive to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access or Correct Your Information:
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by sending us a formal letter requesting this information. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Please send your written requests to: Hometown Happenings, P.O. Box 1225, Crown Point, IN 46308.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at email@example.com.