Thank you for signing up for the Beast Boot Camp 5K. Just a few instructions to share with you before race day.
Early packet pickup Will be Friday night, May 5th, from 5:30 – 6:30 pm at Revolution Fitness, 1121 Merrillville Rd, Crown Point. Packet pickup is still available on Saturday starting at 7:30 am.
The schedule: 7:30 – 8:20 am is registration
8:25 am – Flag presentation and National Anthem
8:30 am – Instructions with Gunny Foreman
9:00 am – Race starts
Post race: Free beer for participants from Crown Brewery, pizza from Carriage Court Pizza. Prizes awarded approx. 30 minutes after last finisher.
1) You have the choice of being in the competitive or non-competitive division. If you do it non-competitively, just have fun and do what you can. If you are running competitively , this is what is REQUIRED: Most stations are 25 yards. This is on the honor system. NO CHEATING!
Station 1: Low crawl (hips must touch the ground at all times) immediately followed by high crawl (on your hands and knees)
Station 2: Tire flips from one one to the opposite line.
Station 3: Crab crawl (your butt can’t touch the ground)
Station 4: Ammo Can Sit ups – 20 sit ups using an ammo can.
Station 5: Burpees – Marine style & you must do 20.
Station 6: Bear crawl uphill
Station 7: Walking lunges uphill – back knee must touch the ground.
Station 8: Pushups. Marine style and you must do 15.
Station 9: Run the Grandstand steps with military pack. Return packs to pickup point afterwards.
Station 10: Stair jumps. Jump the bleacher steps 2 at a time to the top and repeat on next set of stairs.
Station 11: Sand bag hoist. You will raise a sand bag until it touches the steel girder.
Station 12: Wall jump. You may get assistance if you need it.
Non- competitive can do as much of the course as they can. Competitive MUST do the course TWICE!
2) Before the race starts, we will separate you into the 2 groups. Competitive runners will get a bib. Non-competitive will get a wrist band. This way the Marines on the course will know who must complete all the stations.
3) The competitive group will start in the first wave. The non-competitive group will start 5 minutes later.
4) We are using the “old school” method of timing. When you cross the finish line, you will get a place card with a number. You will fill out your name on the card and hand it to the attendant at the table. This is how we will record your time and determine race awards.
5) Please be respectful of those helping and please be careful. Do not hurt yourself! The prizes are nice but are not worth an injury. And have fun!
6) Registration starts at 7:30 am. The earlier you get there, the easier it will be for us to keep to the schedule of events. Thank you.
8) Please park in the parking area by the Grandstands. Please do not block any road ways as we will be using them as part of the course. We will be setting up in the Lions Shelter that is just north of the gate you will be entering.
9) The event happens rain or shine! Thank you all for your support and I will see you Saturday morning!