Public Enemy 5K/2K Run/Walk| Hometown Happenings
Sunday, June 25th, 2017, 8:00 am (7:00 am sign-in)
Lake County Fairgrounds, 889 S. Court St. Crown Point, IN
Using our past to benefit our community!
In 1934, “Public Enemy #1” escaped from the Crown Point Jail using what he claimed was a wooden gun. In 2008, actor Johnny Depp came to Crown Point to portray the Hoosier bank robber in “Public Enemies”.
- Dillinger display from the South Shore Convention & Visitors Authority.
- Costume Contests! Come dressed as a cop, gangster or flapper.
- Police K-9 unit demonstrations.
- Armored police vehicle & equipment used by the NW Indiana Regional SWAT team.
- Music provided by DJ Donnie and LIVE entertainment.
- Refreshments after the 5K provided by Carriage Court Pizza.
- Top Overall, Top Masters & Top 3 Finishers in each age group
- Raising money for the Crown Point K-9 Unit and local police organizations.
The COURSE: See MAP Here. The timed Public Enemy 5K/2K Run/Walk takes place through the Fairgrounds. Included along this wooded route is a covered bridge, historic buildings and a scenic lake.
COST: Timed 5K/non-timed 2K: $20 for adults, $10 for kids (12 & under) thru June 23rd. Shirts available thru June 19th at an extra cost of $12.
After June 23rd & on Race Day: $30. Limited # of shirts available for purchase at the event.
Friday 5:30 – 6:30 PM, Dillinger Museum, Crown Point, Old Courthouse (Ground floor, north entrance).
EARN back your entry fee! Simply share the link from your confirmation email with your friends via facebook, email. or tweets. When they use your link to sign up, you receive $2 back on your credit card!
Registration/sign-in is at 8 am. If you have any questions, email us at Tim@yourhometownevents.com
Top Overall, Top Master (40+), Top Three finishers in each age group.
Age divisions: 0-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Advertising & Sponsor Information
Make a difference! Your generosity helps cover the costs of t-shirts, insurance, course management, etc. Please consider adding your business to our list of sponsors. Stop in and visit our current sponsors and thank them for supporting our events.